MSc Wastes Management
For information on all of University of Northampton's courses, please visit the University of Northampton Course Finder page
For further information on this course, please click here.
The programme is divided into three stages, to complete the Master's level qualification you must complete six modules and an independent research thesis to a total of 180 credits. During the course, you complete three compulsory modules and choose three optional modules.
Examples of the modules available for study include:
- International Wastes Management (compulsory)
- Research and Analytical Methods (compulsory)
- *Research Thesis (compulsory)
- International Environment Management Policy & Control (compulsory)
- Advanced Thermal and Biological Wastes Management Technologies (optional)
- Land Contamination and Disposal (optional)
- Wastes Minimisation (optional)
- Hazardous Wastes Management for Developing Countries (optional)
All modules are 20 credits apart from the *Research Thesis which is 60 credits
Please see the section of the course page: Fees & Funding Information
Distance Learning – September & January
Distance learning students typically complete the course in three years
Applicants will normally hold a recognised first or second class honours degree from a UK university or international equivalent in a recognised environmental science discipline such as geography, biology, environmental chemistry, geology or a related area. Those with degrees in other subjects may also be considered according to their interests and background. No work experience is required for admission to these programmes. As well as the general entry requirements, applicants for whom English is not their first language will need to demonstrate that they meet the minimum English language requirement of the IELTS 6.5 (or equivalent). Visit IELTS for more details.
Funding & Bursaries
- TD Lewis Scolarship - Provides both undergraduate and post-graduate students with financial awards of up to £1,500
- The Chancellors Fund - A bi-annual fund providing students with awards of between £100 and £1,000
How to Register
Please click here or use the contact details on the right.