Practical Waste Management
This course will set the scene for waste and resource management in relation to current policy, strategy, and key legislation. It introduces the concept of circular economy and explores the various aspects of the waste hierarchy which are brought to life through a series of activities and workshops and two informative site visits (MRF, End of Life Vehicle Site, Energy from Waste Site).
What's in it for me?
By the end of the course you will:
- Understand the essential role of the UK waste and resource industry
- Appreciate the role of the regulator and how effective communication can change behaviour
- Be equipped to Embed Circular Economy principles in your own workplace
- Gain an overview of the essential workings of an MRF, End of Life Vehicle Site, and Energy from Waste site (depending on the sites visited)
- Update your knowledge on key industry topics including the waste hierarchy, extended producer responsibility, recycling collections, thermal treatment, landfills, and biological treatment
- Create your own Circular Economy action plan
Who should attend?
This course is perfect for new starters in the waste and resources industry and also waste producers, manufacturers or designers looking for an understanding of the key aspects of improving wastes and resource management. The opportunity to question expert speakers from a variety of fields makes this a fantastic introductory course which will leave you fully equipped and confident to tackle waste management in your own business and implement changes that ensure you are working in a more sustainable way.