Introduction to PAS110 and End of Waste Criteria
Learn how to ensure the digestate output from anaerobic digestion and biogas production meets the end of waste specification to be used as a biofertiliser.
This course provides a comprehensive understanding of the criteria for quality digestate output and the conditions under which it can be utilised as a product and not a waste material.
What's in it for me?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- use BSI’s PAS110 specifications and end of waste criteria to ensure the digestate output from your anaerobic digestion and biogas production is safe to be used as a biofertiliser
- identify the key features of PAS110, the AD quality protocol (ADQP) and SEPA positioning statement
- understand how the certification scheme works
- implement a quality management system with hazard analysis and critical control points (HACCP)
- keep the required records for compliance with biofertiliser policy.
Who should attend?
This course is relevant for a wide audience including: operators of AD plants; farmers and agricultural companies using digestate biofertiliser, food waste producers supplying an AD plant; regulators responsible for PAS110 compliance; and consultants assisting operators to become certified.