This comprehensive virtual training programme will give you a detailed understanding of regulations governing the wastes that are classified as hazardous and provides up to date advice on how to comply with the regulations. Any organisation that is involved in producing, storing, collecting, transporting, recycling or disposing of hazardous waste must ensure it causes no damage or harm.
What’s in it for me?
- By the end of this programme participants will be able to:
- Accurately complete a hazardous waste consignment note and understand the consignment note procedure
- Understand the specific regulations relating to the management of hazardous wastes
- Appreciate the difference in the regulations for the different nations of the UK
- Advise others of the effect of the regulations on operational activities for waste producers, carriers and waste management sites
- Identify the impact of hazardous waste regulations on operational activities for producers, carriers and waste sites
Who should participate?
This virtual training programme is relevant to anyone responsible for dealing with or producing hazardous waste. This includes any organisation that is involved in producing, storing, collecting, transporting, recycling or disposing of hazardous waste.
How does the virtual training programme work?
This programme is delivered over approximately a two-week period involving a blend of live virtual sessions with the tutors, delivered at set times, along with some recorded sessions/activities which can be worked around your other commitments (self-managed activities). There will be several days between the live sessions to allow plenty of time to complete these activities. The self-managed activities should take no more than a couple of hours each week, they can be accessed at any time and do not have to be completed all in one go.
All information including schedule, links to live tutor sessions using zoom, activities and materials are provided through CIWM Learn. Login details will be sent to you as part of the joining instructions. You will need to access CIWM Learn from a computer/ laptop. To get the best experience from the live sessions using zoom it is better if you are able to access it from the desktop version rather than the browser or a tablet.
The live tutor led sessions will be interactive with discussions, interactive activities, opportunity to ask questions and guidance on requirements for other modules. You will also get access to a programme specific ‘room’ in CIWM Connect so you can talk to each other and ask questions of the CIWM/ Tutors at any time during the programme.
This training programme consists of 6 Modules:
5th September 2022 - 10:00 - 12:30
Module 1 - Zoom Live tutor led session
- Important reasons for correctly classifying waste
- Definition of hazardous waste
- Basic overview of pollution prevention and storage of some common hazardous waste types
Module 2 - Self-managed activities accessed via CIWM Learn
- Understanding and using EWC
- Waste Assessment
8th September 2022 - 10:00 - 12:30
Module 3 – Zoom Live tutor Session
- EWC debrief session
- Hazardous Waste Regulations and controls
Module 4 – Self-managed activities
- Consignment notes
- Waste hierarchy
- Rejection of hazardous waste
- Multiple collection/ schedule of carriers
13th September 2022 - 10:00 - 12:30
Module 5 - Zoom Live tutor led session
- Debrief and Q&A from recorded bitesize sessions
- Quarterly returns and record keeping
- Course review and objective
Module 6 – Self-managed activities
- Difference in regulations and controls across the UK
CPD: 6 hours
Online Fees (includes 5% discount):
CIWM Member Rate: £399 + VAT (£478.80)
Non-Member Rate: £499 + VAT (£598.80)
Offline Fees (pay by invoice):
CIWM Member Rate: £420 + VAT (£504.00)
Non-Member Rate: £526 + VAT (£631.20)
Not a CIWM Member? Click here to join today and receive the member discount.
If your employer is a CIWM Affiliated Organisation, please contact email@example.com prior to booking to receive your exclusive discount.
TO BOOK PLEASE SIGN IN OR CREATE AN ACCOUNT
If you experience any issues with your booking then please contact the Operations Team on 01604 620426
For a seamless booking experience, please use Google Chrome as your internet browser.