Working for CIWM
By choosing to work for CIWM, you can be sure that you are joining a team who are all dedicated to looking after our members and customers. We look to support you within your role and offer opportunities to train and grow your skills.
To apply for one of our current opportunities, please follow the instructions outlined in the relevant job description.
Membership Marketing Executive
CIWM is the leading membership organisation for professionals in the sustainability, resources and waste management sector, representing and supporting over 5,000 individuals across the UK and overseas.
We empower our members to achieve success by keeping them updated on the latest news and policy activity from across the sector; providing expert technical advice and information; offering a range of training courses and learning opportunities for all experience levels; promoting the importance of professional development and providing one-to-one career advice; hosting a number of industry-leading events and conferences; and providing a variety of networking opportunities, both nationally and on a local level.
We also play a vital role in shaping the future of the resources and waste management sector. We provide an impartial, influential and respected voice in policy discussions in Belfast, Cardiff, Edinburgh and London, ensuring our members’ views are represented and that policy development is informed by theoretical and practical understanding and experience.
Team: Member Engagement
The Member Engagement team is responsible for raising awareness of CIWM and promoting - and encouraging engagement with - CIWM products and services. We are also responsible for supporting the growth and maintenance of CIWM’s membership base by driving the recruitment, engagement and retention of new and existing members and Affiliated Organisations.
Reports to: Membership Marketing Manager
The role of the Membership Marketing Executive is to contribute towards the delivery of the overall objectives of the Member Engagement team by assisting with the planning, development and implementation of all CIWM marketing activity.
As the Membership Marketing Executive, you will work closely with the Membership Marketing Manager and Membership Marketing Executive to deliver creative and compelling marketing campaigns designed to promote CIWM membership and encourage engagement with CIWM’s broad range of products and services.
- Contributing creative ideas for print and digital marketing campaigns and taking ownership of individual projects as required
- Creating marketing plans for individual projects and working closely with the Membership Marketing Manager and Membership Marketing Executive to create, implement and report on all marketing activity
- Writing compelling and engaging copy for a variety of marketing channels, such as email, social media, web pages, adverts, brochures and leaflets
- Liaising with design agencies, marketing agencies and printers to create and produce marketing collateral for a variety of campaigns, including sourcing and managing quotes as needed
- Providing marketing collateral for CIWM events, including banners, stands and leaflets and providing marketing support, such as social media coverage, at events as needed
- Assisting with organising and running marketing activity at sector events as required
- Monitoring and regularly reporting on KPIs (including ROI) for all marketing activity
- Updating and optimising CIWM’s websites as required
- Maintaining an awareness of marketing best practice and current trends
Skills and experience
- A minimum of 2 years’ marketing experience
- An understanding of basic marketing principles and best practice
- Strong copywriting skills with experience in writing copy for a variety of marketing channels
- Ability to work collaboratively with different teams and stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisation, planning and time management skills
- A positive, enthusiastic and proactive attitude
- Ability to contribute creative ideas
- Experience using Microsoft Office
- A recent marketing qualification
- Experience of managing individual marketing campaigns or projects
- An understanding of direct marketing principles
- Experience using CMS and CRM systems
- An interest in sustainability and the environmental sector
CIWM Staff Values
- Prioritise members, support their success and seek to improve their experience
- Work collaboratively and inclusively, internally and externally, to share knowledge and best practice, and to provide solutions
- Think proactively and innovate to add value by developing products and services, policy and funding
- Act professionally, both internally and externally, encourage and support professional standards in the sector, and deliver excellent customer service
- Take responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of yourself and others and actively participate in, and comply with, all policies and instructions
- Undertake such other roles or work as may be specified by the Senior Management Team
- Undertake tasks, requests or directions as may be specified by your Line Manager
- Co-operate, collaborate, share in, and contribute to CIWM activities and endeavours
How to apply
To apply for the Membership Marketing Executive role, please send your CV and supporting documents to Gemma Burnie at firstname.lastname@example.org