Special Waste Classification and Coding
Are you dealing with special wastes and need to ensure you are classifying them correctly and assigning the appropriate codes? Do you need to ensure you are up to date with the changes in the new version of the Regulators’ guidance WM3 and the changing European Regulations? Whether a special waste producer or a treatment/disposal facility operator, this course will give you a detailed explanation of the process and an opportunity to practice waste classification with tutored support.
What's in it for me?
By the end of the course you will:
- Have a working knowledge of the legislation and guidance governing the coding and classification of special wastes – including the new WM3.
- Be able to use the relevant data sources to classify special waste including:
- ECHA Classification and Labelling Inventory database
- Revised Consolidated List of Wastes
- Other sources of data that may be needed (e.g. IARC List)
- Know what you need to assess
- Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs)
- Understand how and when to use the new hazard properties and hazard statements.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for waste producers, operators of waste treatment /disposal facilities and waste carriers/brokers. In fact anyone who is required to have an understanding of the classification and coding of special wastes would find this course beneficial.