Environmental Permitting and Exemptions
Get the knowledge you need to select the most appropriate type of permit for your site or activity, understand the exemptions that may apply, and appreciate the key requirements of the application process.
If you’re considering starting a waste activity or involved in waste applications for new or existing activities you are legally required to hold the correct environmental permit. Our Environmental Permitting and Exemptions course will equip you with the essential knowledge you need to select the most appropriate level of permit for your site or activity and greatly increase your chances of getting your application accepted first time.
What’s in it for me?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- identify how key legislation relates to the requirements for waste environmental permits
- know the differences between a standard rules (tier 2) and a bespoke (tier 3) permit and how to identify which may apply to your activity
- identify when transfer, variation and surrender applications may also be required
- understand the relevant parts of the application forms and other information required when submitting applications under the Environmental Permitting Regime
- identify appropriate guidance and templates to produce supporting documents as part of applications
- have an awareness of key permit requirements and guidance relevant to ensuring compliance with waste permits.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for anyone who may be considering starting a waste activity and needs to know more about the application requirements and processes. The course will also be of benefit to anyone who is involved in waste applications for new or existing activities for either themselves or on behalf of waste operators and who needs to understand the processes or requires an update.