08 November 2019
CIWM announces new Board of Trustees
CIWM is pleased to announce the appointment of a new Trustee Board which will be in post with effect from 13 November 2019. The Board comprises the CIWM Presidential Team and 7 new trustees:
- Trevor Nicoll, CIWM President 2019/20
- Adam Read, CIWM Senior Vice-President
- Anna Willetts, CIWM Junior Vice President
- Enda Kiernan, Immediate Past CIWM President
- John Kutner, CIWM Honorary Treasurer
- Dan Cooke, Group Head of Sustainability, Pennon Group,
- Marcus Gover, Chief Executive, WRAP
- Wayne Hubbard, Chief Executive, London Waste & Recycling Board
- Vicki Hughes, Group Business Development Director, Enva Wood Recycling
- Liz Parkes, Deputy Director Climate Change, Environment Agency
- Tim Walker, Acting Chief Executive arc21
- Lyndon Ward, Group CEO, Forward Waste Management Ltd
The new Trustee Board has been appointed using a skills-based selection process designed to ensure that CIWM has the right balance of expertise for the future. The size of the Board has also been significantly reduced to streamline and improve responsiveness and decision-making and bring CIWM’s governance structure in line with current best practice for charities.
The changes to the structure and selection process for Trustees have been part of a wider programme of constitutional change approved by CIWM Trustees and the Privy Council over the last two years. Other measures to make CIWM more effective and relevant have included modernising the membership grade structure to better reflect the needs of modern resources and waste professionals and provide a more inclusive and effective pathway for those looking to achieve Chartered and Fellow status.
“We are delighted to announce the new Board and each of the new Trustees brings with them a wealth of experience, an in-depth understanding of the resources and waste sector, and the right range of skills to ensure that CIWM is fit for the future,” says CIWM Chief Executive Sarah Poulter. “I would also like to thank the outgoing trustees who have worked incredibly hard during to deliver CIWM’s programme of change and modernisation over the last two years.”
Short biographies for the CIWM Trustee Board are provided in a separate attachment.
Notes to Editors:
- CIWM is the leading professional body for the resource and waste management sector representing around 5,600 individuals in the UK, Ireland and overseas. Established in 1898, CIWM is a non-profit making organisation, dedicated to the promotion of professional competence amongst waste managers. CIWM seeks to raise standards for those working in and with the sector by producing best practice guidance, developing educational and training initiatives, and providing information on key waste-related issues. More information can be found at www.ciwm.co.uk
Head of Policy, Knowledge & External Affairs
Tel: 01604 620426
Mob: 07912 228260