Training Course Summary – Sustainability and Waste Management
30th April 2024 - 9:30 - 1pm
About this training
There is no doubt that the concept of sustainable development is more important today than ever, and that living within our environmental limits to stop climate change is a fundamental part of that development. This course introduces the concept and history of sustainable development and links policy with the practical delivery of waste management services.
This virtual course has been designed to assist those managing and delivering waste services for the public or private sector to develop ideas and actions that consider the wider impact of their operations.
What will I learn on the course?
- To explain how resource and waste management fits within sustainable development context.
- To show how resource and waste management can be used to address a range of sustainable development goals through practical actions.
- To explore relevant case studies of organisations delivering sustainable development goals through resource and waste management.
- To support the development of a sustainability mindset.
- To help individuals to communicate with key stakeholders regarding the connections between resource and waste management and sustainability.
- To develop understanding of the role resource and waste management can play in sustainability and/or corporate social responsibility strategies.
- To provide some actions going forward.
Who is it for?
- Suitable for all members of staff involved in managing and delivering waste services for the public or private sector
- Waste Managers
What are the entry requirements for this course?
You do not require any prior knowledge of waste and resource management to enrol in this course.
How will I benefit from taking the course?
Once you have completed this training, you will understand sustainable development, what the Sustainable Development Goals mean to your organisation and what you can do to contribute to them.
You can continue your professional development by enrolling on one of the following CIWM virtual training courses:
- Circular Economy and Waste Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
CIWM Member Rate: £189 + VAT (£226.80)
Non-Member Rate: £236.25 + VAT (£283.50)
Duration: 3.5 hours
Contributes to CPD: Yes
How will I access the course?
To book this training you must sign in or create an account - please complete this process on the right of this page. Once you have booked you will be emailed with a username, password and a link to access the training.