CIWM in conjunction with Clarkslegal LLP have produced this template for waste management contract or agreement. This should lead to clear and consistent information for contracts and the tendering process. Areas of the waste and resource management industry that will be included are waste collection and disposal, recycling and household waste recycling centres (or CA sites) as well as treatment.
Key objectives include:-
• The process of tendering, including good practice
• Process of evaluation of contracts - responsibility
• Definition (purpose) of Conditions of Contract
• Definition (purpose) of Specification
• Partnership relationship
• Contractor/client relationship
• Input and Output based
• Best Value - consideration of
• Vehicles - consideration of
Core Standard Conditions of Contract have been produced in conjunction with Clarkslegal LLP.
The standard conditions of contract and schedules will be a 'living' document meaning it will be updated as and when required. Version 4 (October 2009) of the conditions and the schedules are now available.
The terms of contract are issued as standard terms only.
Neither Clarkslegal LLP nor the CIWM can guarantee their appropriateness for any specific circumstances. Individual advice from legal advisers should therefore be sought before using the terms of contract or any part of them.