Waste Regulation SIG
The purpose of this Special Interest Group is to act as a forum for information exchange relating to legislation and regulation of the resource and waste management industry within the UK.
To achieve its aim the Special Interest Group will:
- Ensure that members are kept up-to-date with emerging legislation both International and the UK (including Ireland), relating to all aspects of resource and waste management.
- Share information on environmental matters concerning waste regulation.
- Provide guidance and specify training requirements for better waste regulation as part of a process of continuous improvement for waste regulation professionals.
- Respond where necessary to consultation documents issued by Government and International bodies relating to waste regulation.
- Liaise with Government departments, regulators and other organisations working within the waste regulation sector, from the UK and Ireland.
- Co-operate with other CIWM technical and strategic groups and those within the wider industry with regard to information dissemination to avoid duplication of efforts.
- Act as a resource of technical expertise to the Chartered Institution in relation to policy, legislation and practice on the subject of waste regulation.
The work of the Special Interest Group is co-ordinated by a steering committee that reports to the CIWM Scientific & Technical Committee.
Membership is open to anyone with an interest in waste regulation and related sectors including students and those with "grass roots" practical experience. CIWM membership is not a pre-requisite, although we hope that this will be a natural progression for those interested in keeping up-to-date with information and progression of their career.