CIWM Cymru Wales Christmas Event 2017
Friday 1st December 2017 at the Jurys Inn Cardiff
Last bookings by Tuesday 28th November 12am
You and your organisation are cordially invited to attend our Christmas Event on Friday 1st December at the Jurys Inn Cardiff, Park Place, Cardiff, CF10 3UD.
Dress code for the dinner is lounge suit and cocktail dress as appropriate. This event is always well attended and the venue has limited capacity: please book early to avoid disappointment.
This year’s event includes:
- An afternoon seminar from 14.30 (2 hours of CPD) - Right Waste, Right Place: Complying with Duty of Care, kindly sponsored by The Sirius Group
Anyone who produces, treats, disposes, moves or arranges the movement of waste has a legal Duty of Care to ensure that waste is managed properly. Following Duty of Care is vital both to ensure your own company’s compliance with the law, but also to ensure that your waste is passed on to someone who will also manage and handle it correctly.
This seminar will provide the views of the regulator, the waste producer and the waste management sector.
It will help you understand your responsibilities and identify how you can comply with the requirements. A question and answer session will give you the opportunity to pose your questions to the experts.
14.00 – 14.15 Arrival, reception with tea & coffee
14.15 – 14.20 Welcome & Introduction to Right Waste, Right Place
Chair of seminar – Cathy O’Brien, CIWM Cymru Wales
14.20 – 14.40 Right Waste, Right Place Campaign
Sam Corp – Right Waste, Right Place & WESA
14.40 – 15.00 Duty of Care - What does compliance look like?
Adam Ward – Natural Resources Wales
15.00 – 15.30 Coffee break and networking
15.30 – 15.50 What happens if it all goes wrong?
Dr. Anna Willetts – Clyde & Co.
15.50 – 16.10 Duty of Care - A contractor/consultant’s view
Lara Ayris – Waste Plan Solutions Ltd
16.10 – 16.30 Q&A, panel discussion & closing remarks
- A pre-dinner drink reception from 18:30 (with photobooth for fun memories), kindly sponsored by Viridor
- A Christmas dinner (vegetarian option available on request) with entertainment from 19:15
- Our annual charity raffle, in aid of Tenovus, kindly sponsored by Forward Waste Management
- Dancing until the early hours courtesy of resident disco
Organisations are invited to book their corporate table seating 10 or 5 at a cost of £555 and £278 respectively (costs quoted are inclusive of VAT). Your table booking helps sponsoring individual places. Organisations will make their own invitations as in previous years (CIWM Cymru Wales is happy to invite some guests on your behalf should you wish to.)
Individuals are invited to book their place at the event at the charge of £28 for CIWM members and £50 for non-members. These include VAT. Individuals can also attend the meeting only or evening only (charges vary, see below).
- For those requiring overnight accommodation, we have reserved a limited number of bedrooms at a discounted event rate with the Jurys Inn Cardiff with B&B Single occupancy at £85.50 per room per night and £95.50 for double occupancy.
To get this rate, please book your room directly with the hotel by calling 02920785592 by Friday 3rd November and quote CARSHO 011217.
The Jurys Inn is a 5 minutes walk from Cardiff Queen Street Train Station and a 14 minutes walk from Cardiff Central Station.
- Car parking facilities at the Jurys Inn Cardiff are very limited, subject to availability and cannot be reserved prior arrival. The following charges apply: £5.00 for the delegates attending a meeting/event (9am - 6pm) and £15.00 overnight (24hrs).
Otherwise, public car parking is available as follows:
*NCP Car Park Cardiff Greyfriars - 2 minute walk from the hotel
*Capitol Car Park - 3 minute walk from the hotel
* NCP Car Park Cardiff Dumfries Place - pay and display. Located 5 minute walk from the hotel.