Your first step towards becoming President of CIWM
We’re looking for inspirational leadership for CIWM as we journey together towards a world beyond waste and are currently inviting nominations for the elected post of Junior Vice-President of the Institution for 2024/2025. The successful candidate will become Junior Vice-President in June 2024, Senior Vice-President in 2025 and then President for the 2026/27 term.
- be Fellows of the Institution
- be proposed by either three Trustees (General Councillors) or their regional Centre Council
- provide a personal statement of between 1,800 and 2,500 words outlining their aspirations for their Presidency
- provide a CV outlining their professional career and relevant personal experience.
Our members come from all walks of life and we welcome applications from a wide variety of backgrounds because we know it makes CIWM stronger. We welcome applicants regardless of gender or gender identity, age, disability, race, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.
- What can I do for CIWM?
- What more can my skills and experience contribute?
- Have I got what it takes to be an inspirational leader?
- And why should people elect me?
Please consider the questions above and cover them in your personal statement. Please note that your statement will be circulated to volunteers in our Centre Council network who elect the Junior Vice President.
Candidates will be required to make a presentation to Members’ Council in Spring 2024 on a date to be agreed, full details of which will be provided nearer the time.
Further details about the role can be found here. The nomination form can be accessed here and must be submitted by the end of closing date of 31 December 2023. We're encouraging applicants to submit their application by 22 December so we can confirm receipt of your application prior to the Christmas break.
You can see more of how our Presidential team get involved by following the links below:
Presidential Team Podcast
If you have any questions or need any help, support or adaptations to the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01604 620426.