Sustainable Management of Resources and Waste Strategy SIG
To allow input into CIWM policy and thinking - on strategic issues and Government topics. This SIG will look to enable CIWM to be proactive as well as reactive in resource and waste management matters.
To achieve its aim the Special Interest Group will:
- Advise CIWM of best practice approaches to strategy development in its role in advising key stakeholders and Government;
- Produce one report/paper per year on key topics;
- Communicate SIG discussion to CIWM membership via a regular newsletter;
- Ensure that CIWM is the centre of knowledge and expertise regarding all UK and Ireland strategies;
- Partake in scenario planning;
- Advise the Chief Executive for meetings, presentations; and
- Take a positive role in response to relevant consultations.
The work of the Special Interest Group is coordinated by a steering committee that reports to the CIWM Scientific & Technical Committee.
Membership is open to anyone with an interest in resource management and waste strategy and related sectors including students and those with "grass roots" practical experience. CIWM membership is not a pre-requisite, although we hope that this will be a natural progression for those interested in keeping up-to-date with information and progression of their career.