The organisers of the resource efficiency and waste management event RWM in partnership with CIWM have announced the setting up of a series of focus groups to shape the future direction of the largest event for this sector in the UK. The focus groups, chaired by Barry Dennis, Director General of the Environmental Services Association (ESA), will meet several times a year and will be made up of senior representatives of the resource efficiency and waste management sector.
In 2010, the Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (CIWM) and ESA responded to market feedback to create one major exhibition and combine Futuresource with RWM. The industry demonstrated its support for this single, larger event and in a short time the combined exhibition has become the UK's largest dedicated event with over 700 exhibitors and 14,000 visitors expected at the 2012 event, as well as some 100 expert speakers.
The next event will be held at Birmingham NEC 11th-13th September and will provide the largest offering of free to attend and CPD accredited seminar sessions and great networking opportunities, as well as showcasing the very latest products and services across the sector.
Commenting on the setting up of the RWM Focus Group, Managing Director Alison Jackson said: "We were pleased, but not complacent about the feedback from the first combined exhibition last year. Going forward, as well as continuing to work closely with the industry's professional body CIWM, we would like more input from the industry and our customers to drive the event forward and truly compete on an international basis. The UK deserves a world class event. We are delighted that Barry Dennis has agreed to chair this group and given his refreshing no-nonsense style, I expect the meetings to be direct and thought provoking."
Barry Dennis said: "This is a very welcome initiative and I am delighted to be asked to chair the RWM Focus Group. By engaging with the industry in this way, we can ensure that the event continues to deliver the right platform to showcase this important and growing sector in the future."
Notes to Editors:
1. RWM in partnership with CIWM, the premier event dedicated to resource and waste management solutions, takes place on 11-13th September 2012 at the NEC Birmingham. The event is the result of the merger in December 2010 of the i2i Events Group's (formerly Emap) RWM exhibition and CIWM and ESA's Futuresource show, and is now the key annual event for the resource and waste management industry.
2. In 2011, RWM in partnership with CIWM attracted 650 exhibitors and 12,839 (ABC audited) visitors, including attendees from 69 countries. 71% of the visitors made a purchasing decision at the show and 53% indicated that they would not be visiting any other event in 2012. The event also featured over 100 expert speakers in themed seminar theatres covering all the key sectors and topics of importance to professionals working in the resource and waste management industry.
3. RWM in partnership with CIWM covers the full range of product and service areas within the industry, including: technology providers and specialist recycling and waste management services and solutions; machinery and equipment; vehicles and plant, and containment and handling equipment. It is targeted at professionals within both public and private sectors, including senior management decision makers (including managing directors, chief executive officers and chief operating officers), heads of recycling/waste, environmental and recycling managers, commercial waste managers, plant and facilities managers, transport managers and consultants.
4. In March 2012, Emap International Ltd, the multi-platform events, information services and b2b publishing group, announced a major restructuring and rebranding exercise. Three new independent operating companies have been established: the conferences, festivals and exhibitions business becomes the i2i Events Group, the information services business becomes the 4C Group, and the EMAP brand name is retained by the publishing and associated events business. The group holding company becomes Top Right Group, to reflect the structural changes and the organisation's long term growth and high performance aspirations.
5. i2i Events Group houses the UK's biggest exhibitions portfolio plus the world's most powerful advertising festival, Cannes Lions. Exhibition brands include RWM, Spring Fair, Autumn Fair, Pure, Naidex and BETT. The Group facilitates face-to-face interaction for business communities, either to buy and sell things, to share knowledge or to scrutinise new business ideas. See www.i2ieventsgroup.com
6. CIWM is the lead professional body for the sustainable resources and waste management sector representing over 7000 individuals in the UK and overseas. Established in 1898, CIWM is non profit-making and dedicated to promotion of professional competence - both in and around the sector - through best practice guidance, developing educational and training initiatives, and providing information on key waste-related issues. See www.ciwm.co.uk
7. ESA is the major trade association at the heart of the sustainable resources and waste management sector. See www.esauk.org
Mob: 07912 228260